Skip to main content

1.07: Two Becomes Three

"Something wrong, Brittany?" Joaquin asked.

I paused. How was I supposed to tell him - like, "Surprise, I've been holding this huge-ass secret from you that's literally shaped my entire life and by the way you knocked me up?"

Though now that I think about it, that would make a rather good title for a Drop Down Dudes song.

"You know I'm always here for you, right?" More of a pause.

"...Babe?"

"So I've got something to tell you..."


Unloading all my shit on Joaquin at once? Maybe not the smartest move. But hey, it had to happen sometime.

Besides, if he was gonna back out, better now than after things escalated further than they already had.

We sat there together for a few moments in silence - comfortable, with him contemplating the fact I'd literally appeared out of the goddamn sky one day and all that jazz with my mom and the fact we may or may not be parents in a few months, depending on what we decided together. Me? I just ate my yogurt.

"Tell you what I think?" he asked.


"Fire away."

"Well..."


We talked for the next several hours - almost until the sun came up.

In the end, we came to a few important conclusions:

  1. We'd keep the baby - I wasn't comfortable with the other options, though it'd make money tight for a bit. He respected that choice, though he said he'd support me regardless.
  2. Getting married because of the baby was, in his words, "no bueno." He'd seen it with his parents - and he didn't want that. I agreed, since we'd just barely started dating and I wasn't ready to get married just yet.
  3. Priorities now were setting up space for the baby and house expansion. It was cramped with two people; we didn't want to amplify the issue.
At the end, he pulled me into a hug while I went to put my yogurt in the sink.


"It's going to be okay." he said.


And in his arms... I almost believed it.


J wasted no time getting the garden ready; if it was in good shape, it'd help pay the bills.


He also decided to go looking for collectibles.


Hell, he even dug up some shit and touched some frogs. Kinda slimy, I know, but, like, it makes money - getting that nest egg ready for the kiddo.


He surprised me but making the kitchen a bit bigger (room for a stove - though neither of us could really cook) and setting up a room for the baby. And I thought the mom was supposed to have the nesting instinct or whatever.


But mostly I had the "tired" instinct - working extra hours on top of morning sickness is a load of shit, I'll say that for sure.


I read a little bit, but it was all blurring together. Nap time.


The couch wasn't the most comfortable place in the world, but it was a shorter walk to the bathroom whenever I needed to puke - something my first trimester made way too normal.


And I craved mac and cheese the whole time I was pregnant. Granted, we couldn't afford too much else, so at least I could eat it even if it came back up an hour later.


I have to admit, not every aspect of being pregnant was bad.


I'd still rather not have the constant drawbacks, though, you know?


The further along I got, the more I had to pee. Watcher, that was annoying.


I got moodier, too - small things annoyed me more, like that time we ran out of cereal and I had to have yogurt for breakfast.


J, bless him, was fantastic. He was always doting and once the baby started kicking he hardly left my stomach alone.


When I hit the third-trimester mark, he even surprised me with a computer, complete with a desk and chair. Now I could get ahead on my work at home.


Hell, he even cleaned the bathtub.


Even if he used it a few minutes later - at least he didn't mind that I barged in on him to pee again.


My last trimester was when my "morning sickness" finally subsided enough for me to eat. And believe me, I made up for all that lost time. I also started tracking what I ate - after all, I was eating for two. Best to know what's going to my baby, right?


As I reached the final stretch of pregnancy, I worked from home more than ever.


J'd been told in order to have a better chance of getting a raise at the lounge, he needed to learn an instrument. He wasn't great on the violin, but he was slowly improving (key word slowly).


I came home from work one day, and Jesminder was there talking to J. A nice surprise - I hadn't seen her in ages, since she was busy with her own trio.


I let her feel my belly, but something felt... well, different.

"Is, like, really strong cramping normal?" I asked her.


I heard J sigh and looked over to see him rubbing his temples. 

"Brittany, cariña, that means you're going into labor."

"Call a taxi?"

"Will do."


The next hours were a blur, but the end result was worth it.









7 pounds, 14 ounces, ten perfectly formed fingers and toes. We named him after both of our fathers - it just felt right.

Welcome home, Arthur Scott Fitzgerald.



***

And with that, Generation 2 is officially here and I'm caught up to gameplay. Mostly because I'm waiting for the toddler stuff pack to come out before I see what Arthur looks like as a toddler.

But more importantly, the family tree is live. I'll be updating it whenever a chapter is set to include a birth/marriage, so minor spoilers may occur. You've been warned.

Also, college is starting back up in less than a week, so I'll have less time to play/write/update. I'm not going to abandon the blog, I'll tell you that much.

Comments

  1. Arthur such a cute name!! They have moved fast, hope it all works out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I liked the name too.

    They were getting closer to their adult birthdays than I would've liked so moving fast seemed right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely name. I will call him Artie in my head, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I liked the name and though it fit. As for nicknames - we'll see how it goes ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi! I love your story so far, it balances quirky and serious very well. I like the voice! Looking forward to more :)
    (Sorry if this double posts, the first one didn't go up properly xD)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: A Whole New World

I could hear the birds chirping in the background. In hindsight, that should've been the first sign something was wrong. Without really opening my eyes, I got up and dusted off my dress. "Damn, girl, that was some really cra-" I opened my eyes and then rubbed them, just to make sure I wasn't seeing funky shit.  Trees? In  Bridgeport?  Who'd ever heard of something like that? I looked around, just to make sure I wasn't, like, hallucinating. My eyes were beginning to adjust to the light.  No house. Huh. Weird. And lots of trees. "Larissa?" I called out for my best friend. "Makenzie?" No luck. "Okay, y'all." I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. "This isn't funny anymore." I finished looking around some more. Sure, it was pretty, but it felt...wrong. More trees. And not a single skyscraper in sight. Well, fuck.

1.02: Work, Work

I woke up a little more than an hour before my first day on the job. My mysterious benefactor had left me a camp shower, so I hopped on in to get cleaned up. It worked surprisingly well. I hopped out feeling ready to take on the day! But first, granola. Just as I finished, the carpool came and I dashed off to leave. My first day was....well, horrifying, to say the least. Like, I learned an intern is basically just a coffee-fetching-smile-and-nodder who doesn't get to do shit. But hey, that's in the past now. Hooray for promotions. A helluva headache now, though. Guess I overworked myself. I texted my friends about the promotion. Most of them seemed happy for me. I went out to get a celebratory coffee and the line was SO. SLOW. My grandpa Ken could move faster than these guys, I swear. No wonder it was nighttime by the time I got home. By that point, I was too tired to give a shit, so I went straight to bed. Tue

About This Blog

Hello and welcome to the Fitzgerald Family Fables! Whether this is your first time reading the blog or you're a returner, all are welcome. This story takes place in the universe of The Sims 4 , and I cannot wait to explore it and get to know it better. The rating for this blog will be PG-13 due to language and some of the themes the story may focus on. If the rating changes for a particular chapter, I will post it as part of the title. Most of the writing will be Sims-driven, but some will be following a plot (currently planning on a 2:1 ratio here, but if that shifts this post will be updated to reflect that). It will also be in first-person perspective. Some of the themes for this blog may eventually include: LGBT+ issues/struggles, sexual themes (intimacy, violence, etc.), drinking problems, mental health struggles, and so forth. If any of these could be potentially triggering for you, I advise looking elsewhere or treading with caution. Now that all that fun stuff'