Skip to main content

About This Blog

Hello and welcome to the Fitzgerald Family Fables!

Whether this is your first time reading the blog or you're a returner, all are welcome. This story takes place in the universe of The Sims 4, and I cannot wait to explore it and get to know it better.

The rating for this blog will be PG-13 due to language and some of the themes the story may focus on. If the rating changes for a particular chapter, I will post it as part of the title.

Most of the writing will be Sims-driven, but some will be following a plot (currently planning on a 2:1 ratio here, but if that shifts this post will be updated to reflect that). It will also be in first-person perspective.

Some of the themes for this blog may eventually include: LGBT+ issues/struggles, sexual themes (intimacy, violence, etc.), drinking problems, mental health struggles, and so forth. If any of these could be potentially triggering for you, I advise looking elsewhere or treading with caution.

Now that all that fun stuff's out of the way...



Generation 1 will be headlined by founder Brittany Fitzgerald. An only child and spoiled daughter from a wealthy family, Brittany wanted for nothing and was an upcoming star on the city's social scene. Cue one too many drinks and Brittany winds up in Windenburg after a freak accident with a time machine at a friend's party back in Bridgeport. With no recollection of how she got there and very little money, how will she cope when on her own for the first time in her life?

Comments

  1. I really like the premise the founder's story is based on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was reading info on Don for another save file I was playing at the time, and I liked that aspect, so I took it and spun it to fit her accordingly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: A Whole New World

I could hear the birds chirping in the background. In hindsight, that should've been the first sign something was wrong. Without really opening my eyes, I got up and dusted off my dress. "Damn, girl, that was some really cra-" I opened my eyes and then rubbed them, just to make sure I wasn't seeing funky shit.  Trees? In  Bridgeport?  Who'd ever heard of something like that? I looked around, just to make sure I wasn't, like, hallucinating. My eyes were beginning to adjust to the light.  No house. Huh. Weird. And lots of trees. "Larissa?" I called out for my best friend. "Makenzie?" No luck. "Okay, y'all." I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. "This isn't funny anymore." I finished looking around some more. Sure, it was pretty, but it felt...wrong. More trees. And not a single skyscraper in sight. Well, fuck.

1.02: Work, Work

I woke up a little more than an hour before my first day on the job. My mysterious benefactor had left me a camp shower, so I hopped on in to get cleaned up. It worked surprisingly well. I hopped out feeling ready to take on the day! But first, granola. Just as I finished, the carpool came and I dashed off to leave. My first day was....well, horrifying, to say the least. Like, I learned an intern is basically just a coffee-fetching-smile-and-nodder who doesn't get to do shit. But hey, that's in the past now. Hooray for promotions. A helluva headache now, though. Guess I overworked myself. I texted my friends about the promotion. Most of them seemed happy for me. I went out to get a celebratory coffee and the line was SO. SLOW. My grandpa Ken could move faster than these guys, I swear. No wonder it was nighttime by the time I got home. By that point, I was too tired to give a shit, so I went straight to bed. Tue